Thursday, June 18, 2009

Welcome Mahala (sounds like Mikayla without the "k") Rose. She was born March 26, 2009 at 5:59pm. It was a very long day ending in an emergency C-section. I went through the whole night with contractions and by morning they stopped. So my Dr. came in and helped them start again by breaking my water and cranking the pitosin (spelling?). Then with the help of an epidural I was ready to push by 5:30. First push everything looked good. Second push Mahala's heart beat went from 140 beats to 40 and 15 minutes later she was born via C-section. It was very scary but we were both healthy and my recovery was very smooth. The day after she was born we had my friend Annie come in and take some pictures of the four of us. You can check out her website and blog at www.yourlifedocumented.com for more of her work.

No comments: