Monday, March 24, 2008

Great-Grandma Rachel


Waking with Grammy


Playing with Ella Rose


Pops got the rare privelage of rocking me to sleep!


Sandra too! I was a little tired.

Unfortunately, Great-Grandma Rachel passed away 2 weeks ago today at the age of 82. She had had a stroke that should have killed her instantly, but lived three days afterward. She was able to have most of her family by her side and all six daughters. It was a blessing to be able to say good-bye. The only time I got to meet her was at the end, I told her that I loved her the best I knew how and would see her again someday. There were some long days in the hospital but I was a "perfect angel" (so they say). Everyone took turns rocking me, walking me, and playing with me. I even got to meet a lot of family I didn't even know existed (and have probably forgotten by now).

1 comment:

philanddarbi said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma Wendee. Your family is in our prayers.